본문 바로가기

(5회) 울타리 넓히기 To widen a fence

페이지 정보

• 한국, 2003, 22분, 다큐멘터리
  • 황선희

본문

a2bdb91d1611cafb617d96f762d8ab4f_1592965277_9258.jpg

시놉시스

버들이(22살, 다운증후군)가 고민을 한다. 몇 년 전 나(49살, 버들이 엄마)는 다리가 불편하여 나들이가 어려웠던 버들이를 위해서 영상작업을 시작했다. 평소 비디오 보기를 즐겨하는 아이는 엄마가 만드는 제 이야기를 보는 것도 무척 좋아한다. 그 관심의 연장으로 영상미디어센터에서 ‘장애인 미디어 교육’을 받았는데 여기에서 만난 지체 장애 쪽 친구들이‘이동권 투쟁’의 현장에서 뭉쳐진 힘을 보였다. 휠체어를 탄 채로 힘겹게 버스에 오르고, 전경의 무리에 둘러싸여 이동권을 요구하며 투쟁하는 그들의 적극적인 모습을 지켜보면서 문득 나를 돌아본다. 또 하나의 장애유형인 정신지체, 다운증후군 아이를 둔 나. 장애부모로서 나는 자신의 권리를 주장하기 어려운 우리 아이를 얼마나 잘 대변해 왔나, 아이를 보호하고 지키는 울타리 역할을 제대로 했나, 또 아이의 살만한 세상을 넓히기 위해 얼마나 노력해 왔는지 반성한다. 나는 어떤 울타리인가.

Beodul(Age 22, Down Syndrome) is worried. A few years ago, I (Age 49, Beodul's mother) started film works for her as she couldn't easily go out due to her unhandy legs. She was a child who loved watching video tapes. Natura
lly, she wasfancy of the idea to be filmed by her mother. She shifted her interest to an education program, 'Media for the Disabled' at the Visual Media Center and joined herself to the struggle for right of transportation with her retarded friends. I looked into myself as watching them getting on the bus as sitting on the wheel chair, and shouting the right of transportation even when they were besieged by the riot police troop. As a mother of a girl who is suffering from mental retardation, Down Syndrome, how much efforts have I made to represent the right of my child? Did I stand as a stable fence which protected her safely? And what kind of life did I lived to make a better place for my daughter? I reflect my life and think what kind of fence I've been to my daughter.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

사단법인 한국장애인연맹 제주DPI | 제주특별자치도 제주시 서광로27길 16 제주혼디누림터 4층 403호 | 064) 757-9897

COPYRIGHT © 2020 사단법인 한국장애인연맹 제주DPI. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

ADMIN